- Kikkoman Soy Sauce is Great…
- Kikkoman Soy Sauce is available in gigantic tubs…
- Kikkoman Soy Sauce: other things that I hadn’t planned for
- Update: I did not win the Kikkoman Soy Sauce is great Video Contest
- Where to Buy Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- What is Kikkoman Soy Sauce made with?
- How is Kikkoman Soy Sauce made?
- Products mentioned in this post.
Kikkoman Soy Sauce is Great…
Kikkoman Soy Sauce is great. But it’s really great for bathing. This is why I have the greatest job in the world. I mean, I’ve always wanted to have an excuse to buy a five gallon tub of soy sauce and dump it over my body, and today, the stars just aligned in my favor.
Kikkoman Soy Sauce is available in gigantic tubs…
I went to Costco yesterday to pick up the soy sauce and a new pair of underwear to ruin, and I was planning on filming this yesterday, but I’ve been sick for the week, and as much fun as this seems when you’re healthy, pouring soy sauce on my aching, half-naked body was less awesome than I had originally pictured.
Kikkoman Soy Sauce: other things that I hadn’t planned for
- Soy Sauce is salty, and thus, burns when it gets poured into your eyes.
- Soy Sauce at room temperature is still pretty cold when it hits your junk
- Soy Sauce, like salt water, while delicious in small quantities, is less pleasant to drink when you feel like you are drowning in a small ocean of it.
- Soy Sauce is so salty, that it chaps your lips when you pour 5 gallons of it over them, which is fascinating because technically it is wet, but practically, it is dry.
- Kikkoman is great for bathing, it’s great to bathe in kikkoman!
While this video may not have a “superb” chance of being chosen the winner, I do think that if there are awesome people judging this, I’ve got a serious shot. Meantime you can help by rating it 5 stars. (That’s 10% of the total voting score.)
Update: I did not win the Kikkoman Soy Sauce is great Video Contest
Update here, I did not win this contest. But still, Kikkoman Soy Sauce is great and I continue to use it all the time on food that I eat and not just for bathing.
Where to Buy Kikkoman Soy Sauce
You can probably buy it at literally any:
- Krogers or Ralphs
- Online from someplaces
- Literally any other store on earth
What is Kikkoman Soy Sauce made with?
According to the official website of Kikkoman UK1, Kikkoman soy sauce is made of just four ingredients: soybeans, wheat, salt and water. It has no artificial additives and is naturally brewed for months to produce its rich and mellow flavour.
How is Kikkoman Soy Sauce made?
Wanna know how Kikkoman Soy Sauce is made? You’re curious. You’re just like me. I love you. Here’s how it’s made:
- First, soybeans are soaked in water and then steamed at high temperature. Wheat is roasted and crushed. These two ingredients are mixed together with a special culture of mold called koji, which starts the fermentation process.
- Next, the mixture is transferred to large tanks and mixed with salt water. This creates a mash called moromi, which is fermented for several months with lactic acid bacteria and yeast. During this time, the complex proteins and starches are broken down into amino acids, simple sugars and other flavour compounds.
- Finally, the moromi is pressed through layers of cloth to separate the liquid from the solid. The liquid is then pasteurized to stop the fermentation and stabilize the quality. The soy sauce is then filtered, bottled and shipped to customers around the world.