- What is the crunchy stuff inside a Butterfinger?
- What are the ingredients in a Butterfinger?
- How are Butterfingers so flaky?
- What was the Butterfinger Defense League Video Contest?
- Who was Averageman?
- Did Averageman win the Butterfinger Defense League Video Contest?
- Are butterfingers unhealthy?
- How do I make a homemade Butterfinger?
What is the crunchy stuff inside a Butterfinger?
The crunchy stuff inside a butterfinger is a mixture of candy corn and peanut butter that has been melted and spread on a baking sheet. The candy corn gives the core its distinctive orange color and hard texture, while the peanut butter adds flavor and richness. The mixture is then frozen until it hardens and cut into pieces12.
What are the ingredients in a Butterfinger?
A butterfinger is a popular candy bar that consists of a crispy peanut butter core covered in a chocolate coating. The main ingredients of a butterfinger are candy corn, peanut butter, and chocolate chips12. Some variations may also include corn flakes, cocoa powder, dry milk powder, coconut oil, and molasses3.
How are Butterfingers so flaky?
Butterfingers are so flakey because of the way the candy corn and peanut butter mixture is prepared and cooled. When the candy corn is melted in the microwave, it becomes very sticky and stretchy. When the peanut butter is added, it creates air bubbles in the mixture that make it lighter and fluffier. When the mixture is spread on a baking sheet and frozen, it becomes brittle and breaks into thin layers that create the flakey texture
What was the Butterfinger Defense League Video Contest?
In 2010, Butterfinger hosted a video contest asking for people to do some superhero jokes. I have no idea who won, but I can show you my losing entry – with a special guest appearance (in the form of my wife’s pregnant belly) of our first kid.
Who was Averageman?
Averageman was my alter ego, developed in hopes of winning the Butterfinger Defense League Video contest. At different times he had a number of powers including:
- The ability to always remember where we parked.
- The ability to read pretty fast.
- The ability to fall asleep anywhere
- The ability to open a Butterfinger like they do in commercials
- The ability to eat a Butterfinger bar really fast.
Other abilities that weren’t pictured include:
- The ability to mostly not freak out at my kids when they spill things.
- The ability to pack a suitcase and car with incredible precision.
- The ability to pay down credit card debt over time.
Did Averageman win the Butterfinger Defense League Video Contest?
Nope, he didn’t.
Are butterfingers unhealthy?
Butterfingers are unhealthy because they are high in calories, fat, sugar, and artificial ingredients. One butterfinger bar (1.9 oz) has 250 calories, 10 grams of fat, and 21 grams of sugar4. That’s more than 10% of the recommended daily intake of calories and fat, and almost the entire daily limit of added sugar for an average adult. Butterfingers also contain corn syrup, palm oil, soy lecithin, and annatto color5, which are processed ingredients that may have negative effects on health.
How do I make a homemade Butterfinger?
Here’s some recipes you might like:
Or you can just buy them on Amazon for cheap as hell. Butterfinger Candy Bars on Amazon